Things that are true about me:
1) I reside in the beautiful seaside town of San Francisco, California, and have for most of my adult life. I feel exceptionally lucky to have found a way to make a home here, in one of the weirdest places on earth.
2) I consume narrative for breakfast, lunch and dinner. (And yet I'm still trying to lose those last five pounds.) Sometimes I read as many as five books at once, and my television habit is equally bad.
3) I love the smell of cigarette smoke. I also love cheese.
4) I have what some would call a morbid streak. I call it my personality.
5) I also have a Masters Degree in literature, and used to teach at a local college. I do something else now because I wanted to both eat and have a home. And travel. I do like to travel.
6) I'm too old to act like a nerdy fangirl, but why change now?
7) I love Florence, Italy and New Orleans almost as much as San Francisco, so if I go missing, check those places first.
8) Here's where I pin things: http://www.pinterest.com/battyward/
9) Here's where my photography lives: http://www.flickr.com/photos/battyward/