Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer TV Disaster

Did you ever find yourself watching something truly, shamefully horrible because the good show you usually watch in that timeslot is on hiatus?  Well, it's Thursday, 8 pm -- suddenly I'm looking at a "Vampire Diaries"-sized hole in my schedule. Nothing is on, so I just leave the TV on for white noise. And then I looked up, and all was lost.

That's right, I succumbed to the lowest of the low -- not "Livin' for the Apocalypse" or "Confessions: Animal Hoarding" -- although I admit to enjoying watching the nutters. Makes me feel better. It was much, much worse. It was "Take Me Out," a tackier "Dating Game" for 2012. Really, really, really. Awful. And I'm not even referring to the exploitative aspects, which I know should bother me, but I'm too busy wincing at the canned flirting between "girls" dressed like it's a Cosmo cover-shoot, and "guys" with ripped abs in sparkly shirts and fauxhawks. I am also busy marveling at all the shapes and sizes total douchebags come in.
And host George Lopez? He's a poor man's Chuck Woolery.


Why would any of those people want to date each other? And why would we watch?

Oh, right. TVD is on hiatus.

No comments: